Monday, April 6, 2009

Be Informed! Wait Until After State Conference to Vote

President Sharon has been keeping us informed of what is going on and I commend her for not taking sides so MO members can decide themselves. I know she has an opinion but I do not know what it is at this time and don't want to know. I really like the statement that she would not instruct MO women on how to vote because we need to make our own decisions.

Right now voting is suppose to start on April 15th which we were told last month it would be done by now. I urge all MO voting members to wait until after state conference to vote. We have until May 5th so we will not miss out and that gives us a chance to hear everything. Once we vote that is the end and if we jump in too soon, we don't have a second chance.

I have served on the board of BPW/MO for several years and have told members to hang in there with national because the question was always "What is national doing for us?" I now feel like I have been stabbed in the back by national because if we, as members, are not BPW, who is?

If you will look in the recent HQ news the foundation report, it states in there that there will not be any scholarships given for 2009-2010 due to the economy. My question is if they don't have the money, how can they give BPW/USA $500,000 to help bail them out? When I give to foundation, I earmark my monies for scholarships so what happens to my dollars? I am wondering if they keep this CEO, how long will foundation last? I personally think it will be gone in 3-5 years and then where will we be? I am against the licensing fee because I feel we have already paid for the logo and signature programs.

I agree a lot with Betty Beason. I will wait until after state conference to cast my vote so that I can hear what everyone has to say and weigh all options.

I think Missouri has always been a strong state organization and can stand alone. If someone doesn't believe that, just ask anyone on the Celebration Committee how the plans are coming--we have great leaders and members in this great state!!

I am waiting to hear how our corporation is set up as we were incorporated (I believe) before we joined national and where we stand on that.

Sharon Tuttle
Past BPW/MO Board member
Nominee for BPW/MO Vice President for 2009-2010
VP of Kirksville BPW

1 comment:

L S Fisher said...

Sharon, you raise a lot of questions that reflect other BPW Members concerns. Thank you so much for your honest opinion.